With the Thematic Network "Remapping the Global South - Teaching, Researching, Exchanging" the GSSC intends to strengthen the ties with the its international partners and to cement the link between research on transitions in the Global South as well as teaching within an international network.
The network partners warrant excellent cooperation perspectives and have been chosen for three reasons:
- (1) longstanding cooperation in research and teaching,
- (2) proven excellence and
- (3) renowned expertise in interdisciplinary research on the topics of our Thematic Research Areas (TRAs), i.e. of urbanisation, translocality and migration, natural and cultural heritage, social movements and global value chains and transnational corporations.
Our Partner Universities are:
Thematic Research Areas
The research program of the Thematic Network "Remapping the Global South - Teaching, Researching, Exchanging" is structured through an examination of five main Thematic Research Areas:
The cooperation comprises the following measures for a limited number of incoming and outgoing students, as well as professors and senior researchers:
- Study and research visits for graduate and junior researchers
- Short and long visits of university personnel
The event agenda of the Thematic Network "Remapping the Global South - Teaching, Researching, Exchanging" compromises different formats that should respond to the different needs of graduates, post-docs, and the participating academic staff, and reflect the five main Thematic Research Areas of the Network.
- Field schools (summer schools)
- Follow-up workshops
- Academic training workshops
- Conference participation